Subject: Help Request
From: "Gershon, Shira" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:45:16 +0300

Hi,

My name is Shira Gershon, and I work at KPMG.

These days, we work with a regulator of product safety that wishes to
conduct a technical reform and change the requirements for product safety
to what exists according to the New Legislative Framework.

The reform has 2 parts: (1) approve products that are manufactured
according to the EU regulations and directives (today we have Israeli
standards), and (2) shift the majority of safety tests from the customs to
the market surveillance authorities (today most of the tests are conducted
by the customs and the change will cause a much faster route of entering
products to Israel).

As part of conducting the reform, we came across a few questions about
surveillance (i.e. what kind of tests are conducted in the stores (visual
test)? Do you test all the parameters of the product to say it is safe or
only part of them? How do you test products compare to REACH? etc.).

We would greatly appreciate it if we could have a meeting with someone
responsible for the field of market surveillance and enforcement at your
office. 

Would it be possible?

 

Best regards,

Shira

Shira Gershon

Senior Associate, Strategy & Change

KPMG Somekh Chaikin

KPMG Millennium Tower

17 HaArba'a St. Tel Aviv 6473917 , Israel

T: +972 3 684 8641

M:  +972 54 4677 590

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>          

  _____  

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email
by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed
to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject
to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client
engagement letter.
***********************************************************************